Monday, June 8, 2009

"The balloon book made mommy cry"




For the last few weeks I have been reading my girls their first chapter book! "UP" was an obvious book choice for me since it's a book where a million balloons come shouting out of your HOUSE and you get to FLY AWAY to a distant land! There's a grumpy old man who uses a mechanical chair to come down the stairs of his house, and a sweet boy scout boy who is persistent to earn his patch for "helping the elderly". This book was the perfect pick and I couldn't wait to get started on it!

The girls and I have really been enjoying it every night, but, I sometime think I have been enjoying it a little bit more then they have. Lately, I have been loosing their attention because they rather put pony tails in my hair as I read. They have even left the room to find hair clips for my hair! BUT. I. just. keep. on. reading. No way Jose, I am not going to stop, I want to know what is going to happen to that crazy bird! And, what's this? A dog that talks?! How can I stop, I need to know what is going to happen next! Well, tonight the book didn't make me laugh, it made me. Cry! Alexis and Sophia were in the middle of brushing my hair and yanking out a few thousands of strands of hair with each stroke of the brush when my crackling voice stopped the torture to my head. I was barely able to make it through this one paragraph.....sniff, sniff, sniff. Aaaaah, why am I crying? This is a KIDS BOOK?! Since, I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone I won't mention what happened today during my reading.

Anyways, we have two more chapters to go and we are done reading the book "UP", and then we will watch the movie!! If you get that chance read the book, to your children, it's a very sweet story.

1 comment:

  1. awwww I want to go get the book now. We saw the movie and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete